Chiropractic Care Through Childhood
Traditional healthcare is (or should be!) a standard part of childhood – regular check ups, daily vitamins, and the occasional urgent doctor’s appointment. But chiropractic care can complement the lineup, and hopefully reduce some of the need for urgent care. While most doctors treat problems as they occur, chiropractors can help issues from occurring in the first place.
Chiropractic care works with the communication highways in the body – the nervous system and all of its pathways. This system is so complex that nerves in your foot can also affect nerves in your brain. And if any of the nerves are thrown out of place, the brain may not be getting the right information.
The nervous system is a delicate place for young children as they are growing at a fast pace and gaining coordination (not to mention milestones like learning to walk, run, play sports, etc.). When a chiropractor aligns the spine, they set all the nerves back in place allowing them to function more efficiently and ensuring children are developing properly.
Here are some of the many ways chiropractic care can benefit comprehensive childhood health care:
- Maximize and increase a child’s brain and nerve development
- Strengthen immunity and reduce the incidence of colds, ear aches and general illness
- Help with asthma, breathing difficulties and allergies
- Improve spinal posture
- Improve a child’s ability to concentrate
- Help alleviate bed wetting and digestive problems
- Assist with sleep issues
- Enhance overall health and emotional well-being with proper nerve function
If you have a child experiencing any of these issues, make your initial consultation visit today, and learn how chiropractic care can be a healthy, and drug-free, option to help treat and prevent common childhood issues.